Xfce Forum

Sub domains

You are not logged in.

#1 2023-02-11 16:25:12

Friedrich

No Write permissions to Network Share

Hi,

if i remember correctly there is an old bug in thunar. when i go to a network share mounted using autofs or systemd there are no write permissions to the network share. i have to F5 and have write permissions. Are there any plans to fix this bug?

I'm thinking about a script that runs in background, reads the window title of thunar using wmctrl and when the path in the window title is the path to one of my network shares simulate F5 with xdotool.

Problem: thunar needs some moments before it shows files and folders on the network share. the script will be executed to nearly. is there a way to check thunar shows files in a shell script? somethink like 'ls' for thunar :-)

#2 2023-02-11 18:45:29

ToZ
Administrator

Re: No Write permissions to Network Share

Looks like the bug is still open (https://gitlab.xfce.org/xfce/thunar/-/issues/83). Feel free to post to it to bring it to the developer's attention.

I've resorted to just using network browse (cifs) and connected directly as opposed to autofs.

Please remember to mark your thread [SOLVED] to make it easier for others to find
--- How To Ask For Help | FAQ | Developer Wiki  |  Community | Contribute ---

#3 2023-02-12 13:34:33

Friedrich

Is there so way to determine the files on the network share are loaded correctly?

I asked whether the bug will be fixed on gitlab.

#4 2023-02-12 19:15:07

ToZ
Administrator

Friedrich wrote:

Is there so way to determine the files on the network share are loaded correctly?

They are loaded properly, but for some reason thunar is not reading them loaded properly.

Please remember to mark your thread [SOLVED] to make it easier for others to find
--- How To Ask For Help | FAQ | Developer Wiki  |  Community | Contribute ---

Board footer