Xfce Forum

Sub domains

You are not logged in.

#1 2023-02-25 01:29:46

timeshift

Ristretto zoom does not work as expected.

The default way to zoom images in ristretto as it says Ristretto - Getting Started in the second way is to press the Ctrl+scroll mouse key, but the default behavior does not work. Likewise if I go to preferences in the Control tab and reverse the zoom direction, it does not take the desired effect.

Thanks for any help you can give me.

Last edited by timeshift (2023-02-25 20:03:06)

xubuntu 22.04.3 LTS
xfce version 4.16

#2 2023-02-25 01:54:06

ToZ
Administrator

Re: Ristretto zoom does not work as expected.

timeshift wrote:

The default way to zoom images in ristretto as Ristretto - Getting Started says in the second way is by pressing the Ctrl key+ scroll with the mouse wheel, but the default behavior does not work.

Which way doesn't work? Using the buttons on the toolbar or Control+mouse scroll? Or both?

Likewise, if I go to preferences in the option tab, invert the zoom direction, it does not take the desired effect.

There was a zoom bug that was fixed in version 0.8.0. Which version are you using?

Please remember to mark your thread [SOLVED] to make it easier for others to find
--- How To Ask For Help | FAQ | Developer Wiki  |  Community | Contribute ---

#3 2023-02-25 01:59:15

timeshift

The version of ristretto is 0.12.2
The default ristretto way to zoom Control+mouse scroll does not work

xubuntu 22.04.3 LTS
xfce version 4.16

#4 2023-02-25 02:14:24

ToZ
Administrator

Just tested on my 22.04 VM and it works there, so it must be a configuration issue. What is your easy_click (Key used to grab and move windows) set to?:

xfconf-query -c xfwm4 -lv | grep easy_click

If it's Ctrl, can you try setting it to something else to see if that makes it work (Settings Manager > Window Manager Tweaks > Accessibility tab).

Does Ctrl+mouse scroll zoom work elsewhere? Like your browser or thunar?

Please remember to mark your thread [SOLVED] to make it easier for others to find

#5 2023-02-25 20:07:03

timeshift

Thanks for the help @ToZ, I will do the tests.

xubuntu 22.04.3 LTS
xfce version 4.16

#6 2023-02-25 22:02:40

timeshift

ToZ wrote:

Just tested on my 22.04 VM and it works there, so it must be a configuration issue. What is your easy_click (Key used to grab and move windows) set to?:

This is the output of the command you provided me:

/general/easy_click Alt

Both in the window manager and through the command you provided me the key is set to Alt I changed it to Ctrl but it still doesn't work, I re-executed the command and the output now points to Ctrl

/general/easy_click Control

Does Ctrl+mouse scroll zoom work elsewhere? Like your browser or thunar?

As far as I have noticed, I see that it works in the pdf reader I use but the behavior is very erratic, intermittent, not smooth movement. I have also noticed that the terminal I use, tilix to run Ctrl+mouse scroll zoom works very well only it does not work in reverse zoom

Note:
I have noticed that the shortcut Ctrl+click has stopped working in the browser I use. this shortcut I use to open links that direct me to other web pages. So I went back to the default Alt key.

Last edited by timeshift (2023-02-25 22:13:49)

xubuntu 22.04.3 LTS
xfce version 4.16

#7 2023-02-25 22:18:22

ToZ
Administrator

What happens if you Control + mouse scroll in Thunar?

#8 2023-02-25 23:50:00

timeshift

The thunar icons are reduced but the change does not happen progressively, as in a way that I can appreciate the change. It is annoying, because the movement does not flow but only intermittently. Everything happens abruptly.

Last edited by timeshift (2023-02-25 23:54:22)

xubuntu 22.04.3 LTS
xfce version 4.16

#9 2023-02-26 11:07:26

ToZ
Administrator

Can you try creating a second test account on your computer, logging into that account and testing with ristretto? Lets see if this is a profile issue, or a system-wide issue.

#10 2023-02-27 18:38:14

timeshift

Hi @ToZ, I have created the new account and the shortcut Ctrl+ mouse scroll zoom works perfectly, even the shortcut Alt+ mouse scroll zoom works too, the problem is only in my user profile and not in the whole system. I could also see that when using the shortcut from the browser and thunar it zooms without any problem.

Although I also noticed that just a few days ago I had problems with the behavior with the shortcuts of the Window Manager, I leave the link here, inconvenience in which you helped me and can solve it. Only with the new user I created I could see the same problem, so I don't know if all this is related to the current situation.

xubuntu 22.04.3 LTS
xfce version 4.16

#11 2023-02-27 19:50:47

ToZ
Administrator

timeshift wrote:

Hi @ToZ, I have created the new account and the shortcut Ctrl+ mouse scroll zoom works perfectly, even the shortcut Alt+ mouse scroll zoom works too, the problem is only in my user profile and not in the whole system. I could also see that when using the shortcut from the browser and thunar it zooms without any problem.

Perhaps something is left over during an upgrade that is causing problems. Are you okay with using the new account as your main account?

Although I also noticed that just a few days ago I had problems with the behavior with the shortcuts of the Window Manager, I leave the link here, inconvenience in which you helped me and can solve it. Only with the new user I created I could see the same problem, so I don't know if all this is related to the current situation.

This is still an open bug report. Best to just fix it like in the link. Hopefully the bug report gets addressed in an upcoming release.

#12 2023-02-27 20:19:00

timeshift

ToZ wrote:

Perhaps something is left over during an upgrade that is causing problems. Are you okay with using the new account as your main account?

No, sorry @ToZ I have some settings that would take me a long time to redo, I have imwheel configured for more efficient scrolling with the mouse wheel, could this be the problem? Although configuring this setting does not take a lot of time, there are also many others.

Last edited by timeshift (2023-02-28 17:09:30)

xubuntu 22.04.3 LTS
xfce version 4.16

Board footer