Xfce Forum

Sub domains

You are not logged in.

#1 2023-03-04 01:33:06

forest_essential

Hi. My name is Chris.

I have used XFCE for over a decade.  Lately i'm attending online classes and i've ben more particular with my user interface.

Does anyone know what the status is with redshift/night mode/etc?

Ive tried using gnome-control-center and i cant get it to work.  Redshift just seems to not work.

I'm here to say hi and lurk.

#2 2023-03-04 02:11:08

ToZ
Administrator

Re: Hi. My name is Chris.

Hello and welcome.

redshift works for me. Make sure you have it set up properly. Your distro may also have a redshift-gtk package which will add a tray icon that you can use to manage it. If you are still having problems, post back your distro and the redshift configuration file.

What exactly do you mean by "night mode"? If you are referring to change of light and dark themes, have a look at this user's post where they have developed a script to manage this.

Please remember to mark your thread [SOLVED] to make it easier for others to find
--- How To Ask For Help | FAQ | Developer Wiki  |  Community | Contribute ---

#3 2023-03-04 04:21:15

forest_essential

hi

I have installed redshift and redshift-gtk.  What happens is it kicks in with a command line invocation of redshift or redshift-gtk.. i forget which but i know ive tried both.  I'll take a further look at it tomorrow and respond thereafter.

the other thing i'm kinda hung up on is spice server for qemu support.  I wanna be able to move files from my host OS and the VMs.  With XFCE, it looks like it has client support but not any built in spice server support..  Which is fine and understandable to me.

I just took a look at the xspice package today.. i mean i still have to look it all over but i think i just need to install that and get it configured and then i can look for spice folder shares in whichever VM.

-will write back about redshift

-will be trying xspice -i think that's the package

#4 2023-03-04 04:22:17

forest_essential

*... it kicks in with a command line invocation and then immediately reverts back.

no i dont recall the output but will retrive it later.

#5 2023-03-04 11:11:07

BenyaminL
Website

forest_essential wrote:

*... it kicks in with a command line invocation and then immediately reverts back.

no i dont recall the output but will retrive it later.

are you using dGPU like NVidia? Sometimes redshift broken with certain GPU. But with intel it works fine.

#6 2023-03-05 03:09:10

forest_essential

redshift-gtk is working and the config script in /home/.config is working too.  smh not sure what the deal was in the past..  sorry hmm

Last edited by forest_essential (2023-03-05 03:09:40)

Board footer