Xfce Forum

Sub domains

You are not logged in.

#1 2023-03-06 14:58:15

Acode

[SOLVED] wifi icon (nm-applet) isn't showing in the Deskbar Panel

Hii Fellows, I am using LM XFCE, just installed it and change the panel mode to Deskbar, but the wifi icon is disappearing in the Deskbar mode and appearing again in the horizontal panel mode. One thing that I wanna tell maybe will help in understanding the problem better is that when I ran the

xfce-panel -r

command the wifi icon appeared but Linux mint's update icon disappeared. Does anyone know why is it happening and how can I fix it? Thanks in advance

Last edited by Acode (2023-03-17 02:36:23)

#2 2023-03-16 17:37:48

bggf1

Re: [SOLVED] wifi icon (nm-applet) isn't showing in the Deskbar Panel

Hi Acode,
I do not know what is happening, and do not use desktop mode myself, but

did just to be sure: you check:

- the configuration of the wifi? There is an auto-hide option, is it somehow activated in deskbar mode?

- the default.xml file in /etc/xdg/xfce4/panel ? The panel position settings are stored there.
It is more or less a list of positions: <value type="int" value="1"/>  , and then below the description/command:   <property name="plugin-1" type="string" value="applicationsmenu"/> ;
Check if this is remaining the same, or if it changes.

- What if you move the icon around in the panel? Is it always the same icon disappearing or the one in the same position?

Otherwise you may try the panel debug and switch between horizonatl and desktop and see if an error message can help:
https://docs.xfce.org/xfce/xfce4-panel/debugging

Good luck

#3 2023-03-17 02:35:34

Acode

Re: [SOLVED] wifi icon (nm-applet) isn't showing in the Deskbar Panel

Thank you so much for giving your precious time to this question. I actually used

xfce4-panel -r

That restarted the panel, this time wifi icon was there but mint's upgrade icon disappeared. Then I restarted the PC and miraculously everything started ootb.

Last edited by Acode (2023-03-17 02:36:06)

Board footer