Xfce Forum

Sub domains

You are not logged in.

#1 2023-04-06 11:54:13

imthenachoman
Website

Any window managers like FancyZones with graphical UI?

Are there any window managers like FancyZones that will show me some kind of GUI to select where I want to resize my monitor to? So, for example, the GUI would show buttons for custom zones like top left, middle third, bottom two fourths, etc...

#2 2023-04-08 00:50:58

mint4all

Re: Any window managers like FancyZones with graphical UI?

imthenachoman wrote:

Are there any window managers like FancyZones that will show me some kind of GUI to select where I want to resize my monitor to? So, for example, the GUI would show buttons for custom zones like top left, middle third, bottom two fourths, etc...

Greetings to you!

Perhaos you may want to take a look at "x-tile", a window-tiling add-on that claims to work under xfce4. I can't say much about how it works, or even if it does the job you want, but here's the link anyway:  https://www.giuspen.net/x-tile

I've been using that author's "cherrytree" app almost daily for several years now, with superb results, and would think that his other foss-apps would pass as well. Worth a look?

Cheers, m4a

Linux Mint 21.2 -- xfce 4.18 ... Apple iMAC -- Dell & HP Desktops and Laptops -- Family & Community Support

#3 2023-04-08 14:28:29

imthenachoman
Website

Re: Any window managers like FancyZones with graphical UI?

This looks promising. I will check it out. Thank you!

Board footer