Xfce Forum

Sub domains

You are not logged in.

#1 2023-04-10 17:05:38

marcosag02

USB Não reconhece dispositivo quando conectado por RDP

Boa tarde pessoal, tudo bem?

Vou explicar meu cenário: Tenho alguns desenvolvedores que se autenticam via VPN CheckPoint, acessam Nossas estações Xubuntu usando o RDP do Windows já configurado para exibir os dispositivos USB na máquina remota (Xubuntu), mas no Xubuntu essas USBs(Pendrive e token) só são reconhecidas quando conectadas localmente.

Existe alguma configuração que deve ser feita no XRDP para que a USB do Windows seja reconhecida? Ou isso é uma função que o Xubuntu realmente não aceita?

OBS: Quando fazemos de Windows para Windows, os dispositivos USB são reconhecidos normalmente na estação remota.

Desde já agradeço a ajuda de todos.

#2 2023-04-11 16:05:45

mint4all

Re: USB Não reconhece dispositivo quando conectado por RDP

Via google.tranlate ...

marcosag02 wrote:

Good afternoon everyone, how are you?

I'll explain my scenario: I have some developers who authenticate themselves via CheckPoint VPN, access Our Xubuntu stations using the Windows RDP already configured to display the USB devices on the remote machine (Xubuntu), but in Xubuntu these USBs (Pendrive and token) are only recognized when connected locally.

Is there any configuration that must be done in XRDP so that the Windows USB is recognized? Or is this a function that Xubuntu doesn't really support?

NOTE: When switching from Windows to Windows, USB devices are recognized normally on the remote station.

I thank the help of all.

Greetings to you, and my apology for not speaking your language (Portuguese i believe?).

It seems like you'll need the "xrdp" package for your RDP sessions to work properly. Here's a link to Arch's wiki how to use on linux @ https://wiki.archlinux.org/title/xrdp

I just checked my system's (Linux Mint) setup, and xrdp is not being installed by defaiult. So it is possible that xubuntu doesn't install it either. If that is the case, this package is available from ubuntu's repositories so installing it should not pose a problem to your xubuntu system's setup.

Cheers, m4a

Linux Mint 21.2 -- xfce 4.18 ... Apple iMAC -- Dell & HP Desktops and Laptops -- Family & Community Support

#3 2023-04-11 16:14:02

marcosag02

Hello, thanks for the reply.
Yes, I speak Brazilian Portuguese and I apologize. As my google chrome automatically translates the pages, I ended up not realizing that the forum was in English.

I have XRDP installed on Xubuntu workstations, but from what I've researched, the "Share USB ports" function is exclusive to Microsoft RDP and apparently, these functions don't apply to Linux.

I even googled if there was any setting in XRDP that would allow xubuntu to recognize USB ports redirected by RDP Microsoft, but I didn't find anything.

#4 2023-04-11 16:20:08

mint4all

Perhaps you might get some help/suggestions by contacting https://www.xrdp.org/ ? Since they maintain the source on github, an enhancement request may go a long way ...

Good luck!
Cheers, m4a

Linux Mint 21.2 -- xfce 4.18 ... Apple iMAC -- Dell & HP Desktops and Laptops -- Family & Community Support

#5 2023-04-11 16:34:08

marcosag02

Thank you for your help! I will try to contact them.

Board footer