Xfce Forum

Sub domains

You are not logged in.

#1 2023-04-30 20:45:18

ProgKing

Thunar Right Click Issue

When I try to make a right mouse button click in Thunar, Thunar itself freezes. My Arch system is relatively new (just a few days old). I think I noticed this issue after messing with Bottles/Wine.

#2 2023-04-30 20:47:51

ToZ
Administrator

Re: Thunar Right Click Issue

Hello and welcome.

Right-click where? What view are you using? Also what version is installed (thunar was just updated to fix a high cpu issue in list mode).

Also, does anything show up in the journal when this hang happens?

journalctl --user -b | grep -i thunar

Please remember to mark your thread [SOLVED] to make it easier for others to find
--- How To Ask For Help | FAQ | Developer Wiki  |  Community | Contribute ---

#3 2023-05-01 09:50:51

ProgKing

I'm running Arch Linux with thunar 4.18.6 (Xfce 4.18), and I don't see any issues in the journal. As for the view, I believe it's the standard one since I haven't made any changes. When I launch thunar from the terminal with sudo thunar, it displays the standard thunar with the white theme, and everything seems to work correctly. I can right-click on the empty space without any freezes.

#4 2023-05-01 10:10:28

ToZ
Administrator

ProgKing wrote:

When I launch thunar from the terminal with sudo thunar,

Try either:

pkexec thunar

...or in the url bar enter:

admin:///

...to get root access to the system. Using "sudo" alone causes problems and is not recommended.

Edit: I think I misread your post. With the thunar window open, can you post back the following:

ps -ef | grep -i thunar
ls -al ~/.config/Thunar/*

Also, if you have an ~/.xsession-errors file, can you post back the contents after the issue happens?

Last edited by ToZ (2023-05-01 23:34:02)

Please remember to mark your thread [SOLVED] to make it easier for others to find
--- How To Ask For Help | FAQ | Developer Wiki  |  Community | Contribute ---

Board footer