Xfce Forum

Sub domains

You are not logged in.

#1 2016-12-05 22:40:17

garrak

Cycle minimized windows only

Hello forum! First time here but a happy Xfce user for many years.

I'm a heavy user of keyboard shortcuts. I have the windows I use the most always on top in dedicated work spaces, and minimize the others so that the cycling doesn't take forever. What I'd love is to have a shortcut to cycle the minimized windows only so there's no need to bring them up, which requires clicking, i.e. hand movement. This would in effect mean two possible lists of apps to choose from. I could then quickly select the minimized app, use it, and put it back down again with another shortcut when I'm done.

Alternatively having a shortcut that cycles all windows, including minimized, and another that leaves them out could work too. You can't have both as far as I know.

I hope that made sense. I've looked but couldn't find anything like it, which likely means that there isn't. In that case any pointers as to where to start in order to write such feature would be very appreciated.

Thank you!

Last edited by garrak (2016-12-05 22:54:49)

#2 2016-12-14 21:38:19

alcornoqui

Re: Cycle minimized windows only

Not my use case but seems a nice feature to have...

Super+Tab would be the shortcut I'd choose. I guess the "list of minimized windows" exists somewhere, and the work would be mostly to present it clearly and fit it in the menus appropiately.

Board footer