Xfce Forum

Sub domains

You are not logged in.

#1 2018-12-17 20:53:02

puppycutletts
Banned

--snip-- Re Borders

I have had HUGE fights with the developers over this in the years gone by..

1. Them setting the window borders to be a hairlines thickness - which makes it very hard to catch with the mouse to resize etc.

2. The --snip-- when almost ALL people find it very hard to land the pointer on a pixels width line...  much less those with less than ultra precise position placement.

People who cannot see too good, or are a bit shaky, or have poor eye hand coordination etc., this --snip--, has stopped everyone who could be using XFCE from doing so.

3. I put forward at the time, that a) The size of the frame borders could be substantially wider and b) People ought to be able to pick the size and colour of the border.

--snip--

This attitude of making the borders 1 pixel wide, which makes it hard for me, and a lot of other people, is just the way it should be, only because --snip-- on others, and that is just how it is going to be.

I am really tired of having to get the mouse pointer within + or - 1/10th of a millimeter, of the border to catch it, so I can resize it, and I am really fed up with --snip--

I say NOT ON - ANYMORE.

How do WE set up the XFCE interface with the ability to CHOOSE an appropriate width of the screen borders / window frames, the colours of the borders and even icon sizes - even Windows XP had all of these functions.

So how do we do it?

ToZ: edited to remove rude comments

Last edited by ToZ (2018-12-17 22:38:11)

#2 2018-12-17 22:41:35

ToZ
Administrator

Re: --snip-- Re Borders

First of all, please do not post rude or derogatory comments about anyone (members or developers). This will not be tolerated. Consider this your only warning.

Secondly, if you want wider borders then use wider borders. Select (or design) a window manager theme with wider borders. All the information you need can be found here.

Please remember to mark your thread [SOLVED] to make it easier for others to find
--- How To Ask For Help | FAQ | Developer Wiki  |  Community | Contribute ---

Board footer