Xfce Forum

Sub domains

You are not logged in.

#1 2019-01-02 14:06:02

FateRover

[Solved]how to make wifi tray icon shown in status notifier plugin

i use network-manager-gnome as default wifi manager, and i also install status notifier plugin ,before installing  status notifier plugin ,bluetooth,inputmethod  ,wifi connection tray icon was inxfce4-panel's default  systray area, after installin  status notifier plugin ,bluetooth ,inputmethod tray icon move to  status notifier plugin  area automanly,but the wifi tray icon still remain in the default area,how can i move it to  status notifier plugin  area?
left is status notifier plugin ,right is default area
YFfxcAT.png

Last edited by FateRover (2019-01-03 12:01:03)

#2 2019-01-03 00:03:01

ToZ
Administrator

Re: [Solved]how to make wifi tray icon shown in status notifier plugin

The statusnotifier plugin only supports application indicators (https://goodies.xfce.org/projects/panel … ier-plugin). I believe in debian sid you can run nm-applet as an indicator by specifying the "--indicator" parameter:

nm-applet --indicator

It should then show up in the statusnotifier plugin.

Please remember to mark your thread [SOLVED] to make it easier for others to find
--- How To Ask For Help | FAQ | Developer Wiki  |  Community | Contribute ---

#3 2019-01-03 09:04:52

FateRover

Re: [Solved]how to make wifi tray icon shown in status notifier plugin

the icon still in xfce panel build-in systray area, not in status notifier plugin  area

edit:uncheck the network item(this is added by network-manager-gnome automanuly without --indicator) in "session and autostart",and add a new item "network" with commander" nm-applet --indicator",and check it

Last edited by FateRover (2019-01-03 09:25:29)

Board footer