Xfce Forum

Sub domains

You are not logged in.

#1 2019-04-26 21:45:01

sshankar

Difficulty starting orage

Orage does not save appointments for me. When I create a new appointment and click the down arrow corresponding to save, I get no feedback, but when I then close the new appointment dialog, I get a message saying "The appointment information has been modified. Do you want to continue?".

Digging deeper, I notice that ~/{.defaultconfig,.config}/orage/oragerc has Archive file and Orage file referring to a different filesystem (from a computer I had eons ago, though I dont recall ever using orage) which would explain why it was unable to write an appointment. However, I am unable to get orage to create default configurations. I tried zapping ~/{.defaultconfig,config}/orage/ and restarting orage, but the created oragerc file still refers to the old filesystem, and has the sam esaving problem.

I suppose one solution is to just overwrite the oragerc files, but I'm not sure if that is safe, and would really rather have orage create a default oragerc for me.

This is on ubuntu 18 running xfce. Thanks in advance for any help.

#2 2019-04-27 03:13:49

ToZ
Administrator

Re: Difficulty starting orage

Hello and welcome.

~/{.defaultconfig,config}/orage/

I'm not sure what this refers to, but I believe that orage saves it data files to ~/.local/share/orage.

Please remember to mark your thread [SOLVED] to make it easier for others to find
--- How To Ask For Help | FAQ | Developer Wiki  |  Community | Contribute ---

#3 2019-04-28 20:33:09

sshankar

Re: Difficulty starting orage

Thanks!

Manually changing oragerc to point to that works.

Board footer