Xfce Forum

Sub domains

You are not logged in.

#1 2019-06-19 06:03:28

stanna

4.14pr1 Display Settings missing elements

I recently performed a new Arch install with xfce4 (via pacman) then compiled all the 4.14pre1 items (http://archive.xfce.org/xfce/4.14pre1/fat_tarballs/). while everything seems to be working i have an odd issue with setting up displays. most of the elements are missing unless i move the mouse around and then some become highlighted at times but it appears to be completly random.
   vJ4sKgsl.png

moving the mouse around and hovering over some of the elements makes them appear as per below.

iPor3Izl.png

any suggestions?

batmans a scientist!

#2 2019-06-19 11:04:42

ToZ
Administrator

Re: 4.14pr1 Display Settings missing elements

Looks like this bug report. I can't replicate this on any of my systems, but it looks like you may not be alone. Post in that bug report so that the developer knows it's more than one person.

In that bug report, the reporter noted that it is somehow connected to the primary settings.

Please remember to mark your thread [SOLVED] to make it easier for others to find
--- How To Ask For Help | FAQ | Developer Wiki  |  Community | Contribute ---

#3 2019-06-19 18:32:34

twsh

Hello stanna,

I'm having exactly the same issue after updating today. I don't know if it is related to the nvidia propietary driver or xfce update.

#4 2019-06-19 23:19:57

stanna

ToZ wrote:

Looks like this bug report. I can't replicate this on any of my systems, but it looks like you may not be alone. Post in that bug report so that the developer knows it's more than one person.

In that bug report, the reporter noted that it is somehow connected to the primary settings.

Thanks Toz, i compiled xfce4-settings-4.13.5 and everything seems to be working again now. I will look at posting in that bug thread later today to add my voice to the mix. thanks again.

batmans a scientist!

Board footer