Xfce Forum

Sub domains

You are not logged in.

#1 2019-08-06 16:42:46

Gotolei

Power manager: define brightness change interval

On my laptop (T430), it seems like the bottom 15% has the most significant differences in display brightness, while the rest feel comparatively small. And the vast majority of the time, I have my brightness under 25%. But as far as I can tell, the interval of change when brightness is controlled by the xfce4-power-manager (when manipulated by the keyboard brightness keys or scrolling on the panel applet) is 10%, so if I want to do any smaller changes I have to manually open the panel applet menu every time.

I'm wondering if it's possible to define the brightness change interval, on the user's end? For the time being I've somewhat worked around it by setting up my own scripting,* but things would be much more simple if it were built in.

*(intervals in script since changed to 2%. honorable mention to xfce4-notifyd for not supporting synchronous notifications, meaning I had to set that up myself as well)

Manjaro XFCE, 4.14pre2

Last edited by Gotolei (2019-08-06 16:50:14)

#2 2019-08-06 20:28:13

ToZ
Administrator

Re: Power manager: define brightness change interval

A quick note to point to an existing bug report and proposed patch that could use some testing.

Please remember to mark your thread [SOLVED] to make it easier for others to find
--- How To Ask For Help | FAQ | Developer Wiki  |  Community | Contribute ---

Board footer