Xfce Forum

Sub domains

You are not logged in.

#1 2019-12-18 20:59:24

John Jason Jordan

Unable to start "gtk-theme-config"

In my Settings Manager window I have the text (but without icon) for Theme Configuration:

[url=http://i.imgur.com/FXTeuYk.png]
  FXTeuYkl.png
[/url]

I looked in Synaptic and there are lots of possible things I might install in order to make Theme Configuration work. What do I need?

I'm also working on why my Settings Manager window is such a mess. Suggestions for how to fix that are also welcome!

#2 2019-12-19 01:24:43

Skaperen

Re: Unable to start "gtk-theme-config"

i just use the long text menu i get from doing right-click on the background, select "Applications",  move the mouse over to "Settings", move the mouse over a select the particular settings i want.  that big menu fits on my screen if my font is not too large.  the menu will scroll if it is too large.

does the text w/o an icon not work?

i don't see "Theme Configuration" at all on mine.  i wonder if i need to install something.

#3 2019-12-19 02:41:37

Aravisian

Re: Unable to start "gtk-theme-config"

I think that may be a left over from XFCE-Theme-Configuration tool which in its time was pretty awesome but now is pretty defunct. It looked a lot like Cinnamon, Mates Theme Configuration tool.
But that Appearance (which replaced XFCE Theme Configuration) option at the very start will do the same exact job. For your window borders, use the XFWM Window Manager tool.

Board footer