Xfce Forum

Sub domains

You are not logged in.

#1 2020-01-04 10:00:38

apurkrt

Mirror displays not working

Hi, has anyone got "Settings/Display/General/Mirror displays" to work? It is always greyed out in my case.
I have a 1920x1080 notebook and 1920x1080 external display attached and would like to have mirror displays. (Intel UHD Graphics 620)
It is possible to setup the mirroring with "xrandr --output HDMI-1 --same-as eDP-1", but not with Xfce's dialog.

#2 2020-01-04 16:25:32

Aravisian

Re: Mirror displays not working

It grays out the Mirror Display option based on whether you have a display selected as Primary Display.
Open Settings, Displays and select for each display and you will then find the ability to Mirror.

#3 2020-01-04 16:44:05

apurkrt

Thanks for your reply, Aravisian.
Hm, hm - toggling "Primary Display" (on the "General" tab) does not make any difference for me - "Mirror displays" stays greyed out (tested on both the laptop display and external display).
Toggling "Configure displays when connected" (on the "Advanced" tab) makes a popup appear when I connect the display -- but the "Mirror displays" option is still greyed out, even in that popup...

#4 2020-01-04 19:43:02

Aravisian

apurkrt wrote:

Thanks for your reply, Aravisian.
Hm, hm - toggling "Primary Display" (on the "General" tab) does not make any difference for me - "Mirror displays" stays greyed out (tested on both the laptop display and external display).
Toggling "Configure displays when connected" (on the "Advanced" tab) makes a popup appear when I connect the display -- but the "Mirror displays" option is still greyed out, even in that popup...

I am honestly, not very good at using that little GUI.
Whenever I try, I make a mess of things.
Before I posted a reply to you, I opened Display and tested my idea. I am not sure what I did, but I got mirror to work - then frantically set about getting rid of it.
In other words, I cannot repeat my steps LOL.
In this thread, TOz' post 11 addresses a workaround:
https://forum.xfce.org/viewtopic.php?id=9808
Which I believe you noted in the OP.
But the thread also mentions a Bug
https://bugzilla.xfce.org/show_bug.cgi?id=11712
Which may be affecting you and not me. I am using XFCE4 4.12 on Zorin 15 Lite (Xubuntu 18.04 build.)
I got rid of 4.14 in favor of 4.12 and then placed package holds to prevent "Upgrading".

Board footer