Xfce Forum

Sub domains

You are not logged in.

#1 2020-01-08 03:26:10

JayM

How often are patches merged and bugfix versions released?

Just a general question: how long does it normally take for bugfix patches to find their way into the official Xfce (4.14) version? Specifically, patches to panel applets?

I reported a bug in the weather update applet in October, a patch was written to fix the issue in November, I tested it in December and found that it did fix the issue and didn't seem to break anything else. There was another bug reported by someone else in December, and a patch created within days, whereby the weather plugin would stop working within months as the weather service it uses will be deprecated. This patch is more important than the one for my bug which is regarding the day and night icons being wrong (it continues to show nighttime icons until the afternoon and daytime icons long after dark.)

I'd just like to know when I can expect the fixes to be committed and merged into the official release so my Linux distro's repository might get the updated version as I rely on this plugin to alert me if it's going to rain so I can plan my day accordingly. Thanks.

(P.S. I searched the forum and the last several months of the mailing list archives, and read the Xfce FAQ and documentation and couldn't find an answer.)

#2 2020-01-08 11:31:38

ToZ
Administrator

Re: How often are patches merged and bugfix versions released?

Hello and welcome.

It really depends on the developer who is responsible for the component. I would suggest posting to the xfce4-dev mailing list where you can more easily get the attention of the core developers.

Please remember to mark your thread [SOLVED] to make it easier for others to find
--- How To Ask For Help | FAQ | Developer Wiki  |  Community | Contribute ---

#3 2020-01-09 10:44:02

JayM

Re: How often are patches merged and bugfix versions released?

Thanks!

Board footer