Xfce Forum

Sub domains

You are not logged in.

#1 2020-01-11 20:51:17

kromkan

"xfce4-popup-clipman" doesn't work half the time

So I bound a keyboard shortcut to "xfce4-popup-clipman" and about half the time when I press it, it doesn't work, as in the clipman's menu doesn't appear. I tried for both panel plugin and tray app. I also tried many different keyboard combinations but it always is like that. All of my other, some heavily customized, keyboard shortcuts work flawlessly every time. I noticed that it fails to bring the popup menu most often when I have the focus on text input, for example in Geany or Firefox's URL bar. On bare desktop for example, the shortcut seems to work always.

Strangely, I'm having the same issue with Diodon, so it may be DE's fault in general and not only Clipman's.

#2 2020-01-11 22:29:12

alcornoqui

Re: "xfce4-popup-clipman" doesn't work half the time

I bind Super+V to xfce4-clipman 1.4.3 in Xubuntu 18.04, works flawlessly.

I haven't found a similar issue with a cursory search, let's see if someone else can help, welcome!

#3 2020-03-18 18:47:17

jack_the_pirate

kromkan wrote:

So I bound a keyboard shortcut to "xfce4-popup-clipman" and about half the time when I press it, it doesn't work, as in the clipman's menu doesn't appear. I tried for both panel plugin and tray app. I also tried many different keyboard combinations but it always is like that. All of my other, some heavily customized, keyboard shortcuts work flawlessly every time. I noticed that it fails to bring the popup menu most often when I have the focus on text input, for example in Geany or Firefox's URL bar. On bare desktop for example, the shortcut seems to work always.

Same here sad

Queen - Megadeth - Metallica - 80's

#4 2020-05-16 21:22:43

mouseboot

i have issues with this too.  i have version 1.4.3 on up to date debian buster. i have it bound to CTRL ALT H.

sometimes it works straight up. often i have to hit it 3-5 times for it to work.

the CLI command also doesn't always work in just the same way so its unlikely to be a keybinding issue.

and also for me, mostly the reason i am doing this in the first place is to actually send the very first clipboard history item to my 'CTRL-V'/paste because clipman hasn't put it there. it appears in the history list, but CTRL-V does not paste it, it does nothing.

this second issue only seems to occur for me when trying to copy text from libre office to a web browser. also only happens half the time.

it's frustrating, as i believe i switched to clipman precisely for its history shortcut feature!

+ when it works it is damn excellent.

Last edited by mouseboot (2020-05-16 21:25:23)

Board footer