Xfce Forum

Sub domains

You are not logged in.

#1 2020-12-14 13:07:52

Ezee1015

Arrange Icons Manually in Thunar

Hi. I have Linux Mint 20 XFCE. I have been looking for how to organize files manually within folders, that is, not to organize them by name, or date, etc. but to be able to move them freely, to my liking.

Is there a plugin for Thunar that allows you to organize them manually? Or is there some native option that is skipping me?

Thank you very much and greetings!

#2 2020-12-14 23:06:00

alcornoqui

Re: Arrange Icons Manually in Thunar

Hello, and welcome to the forum!

That's quite an unusual question. I'm quite sure that it isn't possible natively, and I'm trying to think of a way to do it, say laterally, but I'm coming on empty...

I think your best bet would be to rename the files and order them that way, but of course you know that... Now I'm genuinely curious about your use case, would you care to explain a bit more?

Maybe someone knows of a way to achieve it, though, anyone?

#3 2020-12-15 19:47:04

Ezee1015

Re: Arrange Icons Manually in Thunar

Hello. Thanks! I'm a Linux Mint user. For half a year I was using the desktop environment "Cinnamon", but no more than 3 month ago, I change to "XFCE". Recently, searching, I discover that Cinnamon has the option of order Manually, how this photo shows (It's on the official forum of Linux Mint on the Spanish part). I discover this option by chance, and I was interested in that concept. I was searching in that forum and I discovered that in "Nemo" (Is the "Thunar" of Cinnamon). The link of the image is this: https://forums.linuxmint.com/download/f … &mode=view ("Manualmente" in Spanish means Manually). But I can't find the option to do this in Thunar. This was mi case. Teorically, the option Manually allows you to move all the archives randomly around the window's manager of the folder, so It's more customizable for the user. I'm so interested in this option... I hope that in XFCE exist an option to do it. Thank you very much and greetings!

Board footer