Xfce Forum

Sub domains

You are not logged in.

#1 2023-06-18 16:29:55

advice1010

Are there settings for Open & Save As dialog box windows

I was wondering if there are settings for the Open & Save As dialog box windows that XFCE provides with in programs.

For example in Thunar you have the ability to change settings for....
-Date/Time format shown in details view columns
-Turn off thumbnails for picture files so the file type icons show up instead of thumbnails of pictures themselves.

I am looking for the ability to change settings like these in Open & Save As dialog box windows.

I also was wondering about settings for sorting files within these Open & Save As dialog box windows as well but I made a seperate post for this as it was part of a bigger issue.
Can be found here if interested / have any info to share about that topic.
https://forum.xfce.org/viewtopic.php?pid=72230#p72230

Thank You for any help provided

Last edited by advice1010 (2023-06-18 16:30:56)

#2 2023-06-18 20:51:11

ToZ
Administrator

Re: Are there settings for Open & Save As dialog box windows

advice1010 wrote:

I was wondering if there are settings for the Open & Save As dialog box windows that XFCE provides with in programs.

Xfce uses the Gtk FileChooser dialog. Its settings are saved in dconf and can be viewed using the dconf-editor.

For example in Thunar you have the ability to change settings for....
-Date/Time format shown in details view columns

If you install the dconf-editor, you can navigate to org>gtk>settings>file-chooser. There is a setting there for "clock-format" and "date-format".

-Turn off thumbnails for picture files so the file type icons show up instead of thumbnails of pictures themselves.

Not sure this is possible. If it is, its something the Gnome/Gtk would allow.

I also was wondering about settings for sorting files within these Open & Save As dialog box

There is also a "sort-order" option there but its only for specifying "ascending" or "descending".

Please remember to mark your thread [SOLVED] to make it easier for others to find
--- How To Ask For Help | FAQ | Developer Wiki  |  Community | Contribute ---

Board footer