Xfce Forum

Sub domains

You are not logged in.

#1 2023-06-18 16:58:56

advice1010

GThumb Issue and Question

GThumb

1.)  I noticed in XFCE 4.18 that if I open an image file in Thunar it opens the image in GThumb but for some reason the programs window loads up on the right side of screen but a portion of the window (where the minimize  / maximize / close icons are) off the right side of the screen.  If I load up another instance with that one it opens on the left side of screen snapped to window frame fine.
I thought maybe the smart window manager would remember if I snap it to the right side of the screen, but it seems that the intial opening of an image file this way always produces the same result on the right side of screen.
Just wondering if anyone can confirm this for me before I make a post to fix it.

2.) I know that this is a GNOME based approach but I was wondering if there was a way to enable a toolbar for buttons rather than having them in GThumbs window header.  If the window is not full width then I cannot see the filenames in the header.
In my Distro / XFCE version I remember I have a setting to be able to not show buttons in title bar but I think that is just for settings windows, not sure if there are any settings for GThumb to prevent this.

Thank You

Last edited by advice1010 (2023-06-18 16:59:40)

#2 2023-06-18 21:03:38

ToZ
Administrator

Re: GThumb Issue and Question

advice1010 wrote:

GThumb

1.)  I noticed in XFCE 4.18 that if I open an image file in Thunar it opens the image in GThumb but for some reason the programs window loads up on the right side of screen but a portion of the window (where the minimize  / maximize / close icons are) off the right side of the screen.  If I load up another instance with that one it opens on the left side of screen snapped to window frame fine.
I thought maybe the smart window manager would remember if I snap it to the right side of the screen, but it seems that the intial opening of an image file this way always produces the same result on the right side of screen.
Just wondering if anyone can confirm this for me before I make a post to fix it.

GThumb also stores its settings in dconf. Using dconf-editor, have a look at the settings at org>gnome>gthumb. There are some window size settings in the browser folder. Smart window management will only take effect if the application itself is not setting window geometries.

2.) I know that this is a GNOME based approach but I was wondering if there was a way to enable a toolbar for buttons rather than having them in GThumbs window header.  If the window is not full width then I cannot see the filenames in the header.
In my Distro / XFCE version I remember I have a setting to be able to not show buttons in title bar but I think that is just for settings windows, not sure if there are any settings for GThumb to prevent this.

Gnome has moved in the direction of headerbars and if you are using gnome apps, thats what you get. However, there is a gtk3-nocsd set of hacks that encloses headerbars in regular server side windows (end effect is it looks like toolbar buttons are under the titlebar. There is a sample image at that link.

Please remember to mark your thread [SOLVED] to make it easier for others to find
--- How To Ask For Help | FAQ | Developer Wiki  |  Community | Contribute ---

Board footer