Xfce Forum

Sub domains

You are not logged in.

#1 2023-08-25 04:07:39

JanPieterse

Multible Displays (and monitors)

I have three monitors with each its own display: DISPLAY=:0, DISPLAY=:0.1 and DISPLAY=:0.2
This is how I have it configured in /etc/X11/xorg.conf.d/

In each DISPLAY I want an in depended Xfce session with is own Panel, etc.
Between displays (monitors) you can travel with the mouse, but windows cannot travel from one display to another.

This worked in Debian 10, but I have upgraded to Debian 12 and now I can't get it working anymore and Debian keeps messing up my displays (blank screen, garbled screen, shifted screen, etc.).

Because of the trouble with Xfce I have installed FVWM to trouble shoot and it work fine.

Is it possible to tell Xfce to leave the Xwindows configuration alone and start a independent Xfce session in each display.
At least I think this could be the solution, because I can see that FVWM is started three times, presumably one for each display.

I would like to go back to Xfce, because it takes a lot of effort to configure FVWM the way I like a Window Manager.

Can anyone help,
Thanks,
Jan.

#2 2023-08-25 09:58:13

ToZ
Administrator

Re: Multible Displays (and monitors)

Hello and welcome.

Have a read through this thread and it's associated links for a background and reason why the change occurred.

Please remember to mark your thread [SOLVED] to make it easier for others to find
--- How To Ask For Help | FAQ | Developer Wiki  |  Community | Contribute ---

#3 2023-08-25 12:06:15

JanPieterse

Re: Multible Displays (and monitors)

Well that is a pity. Then I can't use Xfce anymore ☹

Board footer