Xfce Forum

Sub domains

You are not logged in.

#1 2023-08-26 15:54:22

Muhammad

Finally switched over to Linux as my main OS.

Hey everyone,

So, I've been tinkering with Linux for quite a while now, and I've got to say, I'm totally hooked. I've been on this mission for like a year or two to switch over to Linux completely, but man, it hasn't been the smoothest ride. Some stuff I used to breeze through on Windows turned into head-scratchers on Linux. And don't even get me started on trying to make everything look and work the way I want – let's just say it was a bit of a struggle.

But you know what? As time went on, I started picking up some programming skills. I can whip up these small scripts now, and I've pretty much tracked down all those things I loved on Windows. And guess what? I finally did it – I'm all in on Linux now. Started off with good ol' Ubuntu, like most folks do. Then I went on a little adventure trying out some XFCE-based flavors. Hung out with Linux Lite for a while on my second setup, and now I'm rocking Xubuntu. The speed is insane, I can customize the heck out of everything, and it's just so darn straightforward.

Sure, there's a bunch I can still do to my setup, but you know what? Right now, I've got the look and function I've been after. Super excited to be part of this community.

#2 2023-08-27 00:10:59

ToZ
Administrator

Re: Finally switched over to Linux as my main OS.

Hello and welcome to the forum. Agree with everything you say - the flexibility and control that Linux/Xfce give you is a welcome relief from the restrictions of windows.

Please remember to mark your thread [SOLVED] to make it easier for others to find
--- How To Ask For Help | FAQ | Developer Wiki  |  Community | Contribute ---

#3 2023-11-05 19:29:00

hobs0n

Re: Finally switched over to Linux as my main OS.

Nice and easy to read intro smile

I like to play with my daughter and her friends, spank pandas and climb in trees

Macbook Pro 2012, Intel crap, 8GB RAM, Manjaro and XFCE

Board footer