Xfce Forum

Sub domains

You are not logged in.

#1 2023-09-25 15:11:47

darkhorse

Problem with dual monitor setup

Hi!

I've recently installed Debian testing (trixie) + xfce (4.18) on my new PC and everything works great except one thing. I have two displays connected to my Radeon RX 6600; one to DisplayPort (primary display), and the second one to the HDMI port (secondary display). The problem is, whenever I power off and on my primary display, all of the maximized windows on the primary display are moved to the secondary display. Non-maximized windows are not affected, and turning off/on my secondary display doesn't have this weird behavior. Why does it happen and how to fix it?

Thanks.

#2 2023-09-30 14:49:12

darkhorse

Re: Problem with dual monitor setup

Okay, managed to solve it finally. Turned out the culprit was displayport's hotplug feature... Monitoring udev events revealed that every time I power on the display, there are a bunch of hotplug events. After a bit of online searching, I found a kernel command line parameter that solved the problem. Added "video=DP-1:e" (where e=output forced to on) to the kernel parameters, and now everything works as expected. smile

#3 2023-09-30 16:01:49

ToZ
Administrator

Re: Problem with dual monitor setup

Interesting finding. Hopefully this will help others with similar issues. Thanks for posting back the solution.

Please remember to mark your thread [SOLVED] to make it easier for others to find
--- How To Ask For Help | FAQ | Developer Wiki  |  Community | Contribute ---

Board footer