Xfce Forum

Sub domains

You are not logged in.

#1 2023-10-30 00:46:28

ionmich

Running applications won't minimize

I have been using XFCE under openSUSE successfully for many years. I just installed openSUSE 15.5 Plasma to try and added XFCE for regular use. When I minimize a running application it doesn't, closing instead. How do I attach before and after screenshots for an example? Thanks in advance.

#2 2023-10-30 01:40:06

ToZ
Administrator

Re: Running applications won't minimize

Are you sure they're closing? Do you have either the Window Buttons or Docklike plugins added to the panel (they will show minimized windows). Also, you can middle-click on the desktop to bring up a menu showing all running gui apps.

Please remember to mark your thread [SOLVED] to make it easier for others to find
--- How To Ask For Help | FAQ | Developer Wiki  |  Community | Contribute ---

#3 2023-11-02 02:42:03

ionmich

Thanks for the speedy response.

1. Well they disappear. As I was writing this response in Firefox I minimized Firefox. It disappeared. When I invoked top it told me that Firefox was still running, but when I clicked on the Firefox icon I got to it's starting page not my response.

2.No I don't have Window Buttons or Docklike plugins added. How do I do that i.e. from which menu?

3. I don't have a middle button.

#4 2023-11-02 10:33:34

ToZ
Administrator

ionmich wrote:

2.No I don't have Window Buttons or Docklike plugins added. How do I do that i.e. from which menu?

Right-click the panel and select Panel > Add New Items. Find the Window Buttons or Window Menu (or Docklike Taskbar if its installed). This will add it to the panel. See: https://docs.xfce.org/xfce/xfce4-panel/add-new-items

3. I don't have a middle button.

If your system is set to emulate a middle button by simultaneously clicking both the left and right buttons, then do so on the desktop to get a menu showing running applications.

Also, Alt+Tab should cycle through running windows as long as "Include Hidden" is selected in Settings Manager > Window Manager > Cycling.

Please remember to mark your thread [SOLVED] to make it easier for others to find
--- How To Ask For Help | FAQ | Developer Wiki  |  Community | Contribute ---

#5 2023-11-02 14:12:15

ionmich

That worked. Thank you.

Board footer