Xfce Forum

Sub domains

You are not logged in.

#1 2023-10-30 20:56:01

Rebster

[SOLVED]Hidden space under panel

I have my panel set up at the very bottom of the desktop. For some reason the cursor will continue to travel down past the panel for several inches as if there is some hidden space underneath. In other words, beyond the  bottom of the viewing area of my monitor.

Perplexed because I'm using Xfce4 on 3 other computers that don't have this problem and can't seem to be able to find a setting pertaining to this issue.

Hoping this will be an easy fix. Last thing I want is to delete all of my configs in order to fix it.

Btw, this is on Artix Linux and I do not have this problem in any other DE or windows manager on the same pc.

Thanks in advance.

Last edited by Rebster (2023-10-31 03:41:23)

#2 2023-10-31 01:07:07

ToZ
Administrator

Re: [SOLVED]Hidden space under panel

Rebster wrote:

I have my panel set up at the very bottom of the desktop. For some reason the cursor will continue to travel down past the panel for several inches as if there is some hidden space underneath. In other words, beyond the  bottom of the viewing area of my monitor.

How do you know that its going below the bottom of the monitor?

Can you post back:

xrandr
xfconf-query -c displays -lv
xfconf-query -c xfce4-panel -lv

Please remember to mark your thread [SOLVED] to make it easier for others to find
--- How To Ask For Help | FAQ | Developer Wiki  |  Community | Contribute ---

#3 2023-10-31 03:40:57

Rebster

Re: [SOLVED]Hidden space under panel

Thank you for your help Toz.

After running "xrandr" and seeing the output I realized that my two monitors where no longer mirrored. That is what was causing the strange behavior.

Board footer