Xfce Forum

Sub domains

You are not logged in.

#1 2008-05-04 15:06:52

kevanf1

Panel 1 (top) question

Hi all.  I'm new to Xfce having been a KDE lover for the last umpteen years. I am stumbling my way through and learning as I go along.

I seem to have done something a bit daft  :?  I've tweaking bits of the top panel (designated 'Panel 1 in the GUI panel editor) adding spacers here and there.  I have removed the large space that separated the 'Applications' menu from the other icons that from default are justified to the far right of the panel.  I have looked for a GUI way of putting this right (via the panel editor) but cannot find anything. So, I assume I need to manually edit a file somewhere.  But which one and where?

I'm running Xfce 4.4.1 as Xubuntu 7.10 (I'm leaving upgrading it to 8.04 after I had some problems with my Kubuntu upgrade, which are now fixed but still...).

Any suggestions gratefully accepted  smile

Kevan

#2 2008-05-06 21:21:09

churchyard
Website

Re: Panel 1 (top) question

Add 1 spacer to the middle. Be sure to check second checkbox in its preferences.

#3 2008-05-06 21:42:42

kevanf1

churchyard wrote:

Add 1 spacer to the middle. Be sure to check second checkbox in its preferences.

Cheers smile  That's exactly how I have got around the problem.  It just doesn't look right though.  It does the job but I'm sure there wasn't a spacer line in the middle to start with if you see what I mean.  It's as if I have gone down a path with no return and have had to go back by a different route.

Still, your solution does work and I thank you for it.

Kevan

#4 2008-05-06 21:46:08

churchyard
Website

There is a spacer in Xubuntu AFAIK.
Also, you can upgrade to Xfce 4.4.2 without upgrading to Xubuntu HH - add this sources to source list:

deb http://ppa.launchpad.net/xubuntu-team/ubuntu gutsy main
deb-src http://ppa.launchpad.net/xubuntu-team/ubuntu gutsy main

Board footer