Xfce Forum

Sub domains

You are not logged in.

#1 2009-11-26 00:42:47

crimesaucer

I have a Xmonad + xfce4 logout question.

Hello, I'm trying to add a command that gives me the "Log Out, Shutdown, Reboot, Suspend, Hibernate" dialogue box that you get when pressing "Log Out" in the xfce4-menu.

The xfce4-menu's "Log Out" won't work currently because it's using the Xmonad log out (which only logs out of the window manager and straight back to my Slim login screen).

I tried to add this to my custom keys but no luck (my other custom keys all work):

((modMask .|. shiftMask, xK_q), spawn "xfce4-session-logout")

I'm wondering if "xfce4-session-logout" was the correct command for Xfce 4.6.1, and I also tried "xfce4-session-logout --halt".

Any help is appreciated. Thank you.

-------------
EDITED:

While I'm still hoping to fix this, I did find a temporary solution by using the "halt" command in the Slim login prompt: http://wiki.archlinux.org/index.php/Sli … _from_SLiM

#2 2011-12-24 11:36:21

MekkaGodzilla

Re: I have a Xmonad + xfce4 logout question.

The xfce logout dialog should work if your ~/.xinitrc file looked like this

#!/bin/sh
#
# ~/.xinitrc
#
# Executed by startx (run your window manager from here)

if [ -d /etc/X11/xinit/xinitrc.d ]; then
  for f in /etc/X11/xinit/xinitrc.d/*; do
    [ -x "$f" ] && . "$f"
  done
  unset f
fi

exec ck-launch-session dbus-launch startxfce4

#3 2012-06-24 21:47:46

edwardp

I'm having the same problem with Debian 32-bit, lack of the XFCE logout dialog window.  I did not have an .xinitrc file in my home directory, so I created one containing the above information, the logout dialog window only appeared the first time after I rebooted the computer.  Subsequent logouts went straight to the gdm login screen when Log Out was selected.  So, the file didn't work and has been removed.

Last edited by edwardp (2012-06-24 21:53:42)

Debian 6.0 (Squeeze) XFCE

#4 2012-06-24 22:37:23

secipolla

I don't think you need that if you use GDM. Must be some other problem you're having because it should work OOTB.

Board footer