Xfce Forum

Sub domains

You are not logged in.

#1 2011-09-17 09:37:10

wisemagic
Website

Hello

Hi Everyone,
I was a windows user from win95 thru win2000. After XP was released I began toying with Linux, and set up and older machine with Ubuntu, and then LinuxMint. On the day Vista was released I purchased a MacBook Pro. I haven't used windows since, and have now decided that with the release of OS X 10.7 Lion, it is time for me to leave Apple behind. Not to mention a very bad support issue that I had to endure with Apple over the past 3 months, with a bad iPhone. I find OS X to be annoying in many ways, and Lion removed more features than it offered. I am now running Debian Xfce on my MacBook Pro, and with the mactel repositories I was able to get everything working.
I do have some questions, and will be posting very soon. Nothing that I would consider a major issue.
In the past I have tried KDE, and gnome, and was never really impressed with either one. KDE was nice at 3.5, and gnome2 was OK. I'm not big on flashy type desktops. I prefer speedy, snappy responses when I am doing things, as opposed to animations and glamor. Not saying that Xfce is bland or anything like that. It is very quick on the MacBook Pro, and it doesn't seem to have the "bulky" feel that gnome seems to have. KDE4, just makes me feel like it is a cpu working hog. Too much going on or something, I just didn't care for it.
Anyway, I don't mean to ramble smile
Thanks Xfce Team for developing a nice clean, fast desktop. I think this is what I have been looking for, for a long time now. cool

Board footer