I'm new to Xfce and would like to know three things:
1) I know you can change the color or add a background image to a panel but can you make it transparent like in Gnome?
2) Is there any way to customize the folder icons on the desktop. I'd like to replace the generic folder graphics with some of my own.
3) I've just installed wheezy with XFCE and know they're currently is a development freeze. When packages are available, how will I know? Do I have to do a manual 'aptitude upgrade' every few days or will there be some sort of pop-up notifying me that there are new packages that may be installed.
1) enable compositing in Settings>Window Manager Tweaks.
2) you can open the desktop settings and remove all icons from being visible, then add your custom desktop files.
3) AFAIK, from when I used Debian, if it's frozen there won't be any version upgrade until Wheezy is released. And it won't be for Wheezy, of course, only for Sid or for 'testing' (if you start tracking 'testing' instead of 'wheezy').
Last edited by secipolla (2012-10-01 12:03:40)