Xfce Forum

Sub domains

You are not logged in.

#1 2012-12-28 11:59:00

nickless

Changing window button icon size on xfce4-panels not possible?

Hey,
I am using Linux Mint 14 Xfce with Xfce 4.10. After increasing the xfce4-panel height I noticed that the window button icons of the tasklist-widget do not increase as well, when "Show button labels" is enabled.
The xfce docs tell me that I "can set a custom icon size in gtk-icon-sizes with the name panel-tasklist-menu. The default icon size is 16px".

As far as I can tell this can be done in a few different ways:

#1. Using the graphical Settings Editor to customize the settings stored by Xfconf to add in the xsettings the Property IconSizes `panel-tasklist-menu=32,32` (Or maybe just `panel-tasklist-menu=32`?)

#2. Editing `~/.config/xfce4/xfconf/xfce-perchannel-xml/xsettings.xml` directly, doing basically the same thing

#3. Adding `gtk-icon-sizes="panel-tasklist-menu=32,32"` to `~/.gtkrc-2.0`

#4. Adding this to the `gtkrc` of my theme (`/usr/share/themes/Mint-X/gtk-2.0/gtkrc`)

As you can guess nothing worked. Now after a while of blind trial&error trying to guess the correct way to define the icon size, I surrender. I was able to change the size of pretty much all the other icons on the panel, but the size of the window button icons sill elude me. Searching the web I found a few fellow xfce users that have the same problem using Xfce 4.8, but no solutions. Opening a question on askubuntu.com didn't yield any answers as well.

Has anyone here an idea how I can increase the icon size of the xfce4-panel window buttons? Or is this a bug and I should I send a bug report?

Board footer