Xfce Forum

Sub domains

You are not logged in.

#1 2013-02-09 08:46:43

shingo

XFCE Development

Hello, I finally decided to migrate to Linux (ArchLinux) and forget the operating system from Microsoft. It has been several years and I know that I tested Linux. I always prefer XFCE over Gnome and KDE although in practice I used Gnome, because it has more software. I do not like use a graphical environment and use programs written for another. However, I turn my more about Gnome. I feel awful and Gnome 3 does not suit me. So I decided to go back to XFCE whether on a PC powerful or less powerful.

Do this several days I'm on Linux and XFCE4. I learn something new every day and I would like to contribute to the development of this environment. I searched everywhere on the internet but I have not found anything conclusive. Most sites talk about developing software for Gnome or KDE but nothing about XFCE. On the official XFCE, I have not found either.

So I just ask you what tools to program specific applications XFCE? Which programming language to use? Is there an IDE? A library?

I'm not a great programmer, I'm a beginner. I learned C # and PHP. However, C # is a Microsoft proprietary language. Programming a video game with XNA (a shooter), I realized that I go in prison. For example, to publish and dispose of Microsoft Live functions (account, profile, etc..), Must pay a $ 99 abonnemment. I do not like Microsoft's policy, hence my migration to Linux.

So I have good knowledge of C # that allowed me to develop a shooter fan but fun to play. Here is a video of the result: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=05h3CaIVzlI.

Besides, I would one day wear it on Linux smile

Thank you.

#2 2013-02-12 13:40:10

Rayonant

Re: XFCE Development

You should take a look at this (it is on the xfce blog) http://gezeiten.org/post/2012/11/How-to … ce-project.

#3 2013-02-17 13:30:05

the_file

Re: XFCE Development

Its kind of terrible how the OEMs are in effect forcing EVERYBODY to use microsofts products, even while knowing their data centers and their server solutions are not using windows and they very rarly ship with windows. I guess they are getting paid to do this.

Board footer