Xfce Forum

Sub domains

You are not logged in.

#1 2014-02-23 16:56:41

torsions

Zooming in Thunar (suggestions)

Hello,

I am trying to find file manager in linux world with decent  zooming, but it seems to be impossible. I like Thunar  a lot and would recommend at least 2 improvements in this respect (for it to be more outstanding).

1) Scrolling with mouse alone (make alternative to keep pressed CTRL) mouse middle button pressed and then scroll wheel applied; This would be useful using application when being on sofa with wireless mouse in your hand.

2) Zooming in Thunar just scales pictures (thumbnails) and not the text of filename, so there is a little sense of such zooming. Make it like Firefox/Libreoffice "real zooming" with font size change.

I hope they wil be used for future releases.
Thanks to the XFCE team for the great work!
Oskars

#2 2014-02-23 23:55:27

MountainDewManiac

Re: Zooming in Thunar (suggestions)

I can zoom Thunar - or any other app, it looks like - by holding the Alt key and scrolling up/down with a laptop's mousepad; IIRC, the scroll-wheel on an actual mouse will do the same thing. This zooming works on the entire screen, so text gets magnified along with everything else. IIRC, the upper limit of the zoom was such that each pixel in a file name was approximately the size of my thumbnail.

It's probably not what you're looking for, but it might help.

Regards,
MDM

Mountain Dew Maniac

How to Ask for Help <=== Click on this link

Board footer