Xfce Forum

Sub domains

You are not logged in.

#1 2015-04-24 18:45:36

WayneFatal

xfce4-settings trouble

Hey!

so I've gone along, following along the instructions provided, and everything has been fine.  I've gotten to installing xfce4-settings-4.10.0, and I encounter a conflicting keyboard error.

as follows:

xfce-keyboard-settings.c: In function ‘xfce_keyboard_settings_validate_shortcut’:
xfce-keyboard-settings.c:689:49: warning: passing argument 1 of ‘xfce_shortcut_conflict_dialog’ from incompatible pointer type [enabled by default]
                                                 FALSE);
                                                 ^
In file included from /usr/include/xfce4/libxfce4kbd-private-2/libxfce4kbd-private/xfce-shortcut-dialog.h:26:0,
                 from xfce-keyboard-settings.c:38:
/usr/include/xfce4/libxfce4kbd-private-2/libxfce4kbd-private/xfce-shortcuts.h:29:10: note: expected ‘struct GtkWindow *’ but argument is of type ‘const gchar *’
gboolean xfce_shortcut_conflict_dialog (GtkWindow   *parent,
          ^
xfce-keyboard-settings.c:689:49: error: too few arguments to function ‘xfce_shortcut_conflict_dialog’
                                                 FALSE);
                                                 ^
In file included from /usr/include/xfce4/libxfce4kbd-private-2/libxfce4kbd-private/xfce-shortcut-dialog.h:26:0,
                 from xfce-keyboard-settings.c:38:
/usr/include/xfce4/libxfce4kbd-private-2/libxfce4kbd-private/xfce-shortcuts.h:29:10: note: declared here
gboolean xfce_shortcut_conflict_dialog (GtkWindow   *parent,
          ^
make[4]: *** [xfce4_keyboard_settings-xfce-keyboard-settings.o] Error 1
make[4]: Leaving directory `/usr/local/src/xfce4-settings-4.10.0/dialogs/keyboard-settings'
make[3]: *** [all] Error 2
make[3]: Leaving directory `/usr/local/src/xfce4-settings-4.10.0/dialogs/keyboard-settings'
make[2]: *** [all-recursive] Error 1
make[2]: Leaving directory `/usr/local/src/xfce4-settings-4.10.0/dialogs'
make[1]: *** [all-recursive] Error 1
make[1]: Leaving directory `/usr/local/src/xfce4-settings-4.10.0'
make: *** [all] Error 2

any ideas on how to solve this?  I've been trying to install this for about a week, and although this is the farthest I've gotten so far, I'm starting to lose the will to compile and taking the easy way out of using apt-get seems more and more appealing.  Help!

Board footer