Xfce Forum

Sub domains

You are not logged in.

#1 2015-06-04 12:07:47

discodave

Xfce4-places-plugin crashes and will not work

Hi i am running currently XFCE 4.12 and I'm trying to use the xfce4-places-plugin. All of my plugins on the panel do work, except for xfce4-places-panel.
I receive the following error message

]Plugin "Places" unexpectedly left the panel, do you want to restart it? The plugin restarted more than once in the last 60 seconds. If you press Execute the panel will try to restart the plugin otherwise it will be permanently removed from the panel.

And if I run the xfce4-panel from a terminal I am able to see this error message

process:4493): GLib-WARNING **: (gerror.c:383):g_error_new_valist: runtime check failed: (domain != 0)

(process:4493): xfce4-panel-wrapper-CRITICAL **: Wrapper places-16: Failed to open plugin module "/usr/lib/xfce4/panel/plugins/libplaces.so": /usr/lib/xfce4/panel/plugins/libplaces.so: undefined symbol: places_bookmark_destroy.
xfce4-panel-Message: Plugin places-16 has been automatically restarted after crash.

(process:4494): GLib-WARNING **: (gerror.c:383):g_error_new_valist: runtime check failed: (domain != 0)

(process:4494): xfce4-panel-wrapper-CRITICAL **: Wrapper places-16: Failed to open plugin module "/usr/lib/xfce4/panel/plugins/libplaces.so": /usr/lib/xfce4/panel/plugins/libplaces.so: undefined symbol: places_bookmark_destroy.

(xfce4-panel:4486): GLib-CRITICAL **: g_child_watch_add_full: assertion 'pid > 0' failed

The plugin usually works on all my other installations, I don't know its being so stubborn now.  Can anyone help me please?

Debugging with gdb yields the following

[Thread debugging using libthread_db enabled]
Using host libthread_db library "/usr/lib/libthread_db.so.1".
[Inferior 1 (process 2094) exited with code 01]
No stack.
The program has no registers now.

Last edited by discodave (2015-06-04 12:14:04)

#2 2015-06-04 13:40:03

ToZ
Administrator

Re: Xfce4-places-plugin crashes and will not work

Hi. Love the handle.

I just responded to your arch forums post with a temporary workaround.
Active bug report here.

Please remember to mark your thread [SOLVED] to make it easier for others to find
--- How To Ask For Help | FAQ | Developer Wiki  |  Community | Contribute ---

#3 2015-06-04 19:04:23

discodave

Re: Xfce4-places-plugin crashes and will not work

Thank you very much! Extremely appreciated!

Board footer