Xfce Forum

Sub domains

You are not logged in.

#1 2015-11-24 21:19:52

ineuw

xfce4 notes crashes + other desktop related issues

A picture is worth 1,000 words so here is the link to show this unending problem in Xubuntu 14.04. http://www.picfront.org/d/9mbw

I am using the latest stable version of Xfce4, but the problem of the Notes crashing on boot up has been around ever since I installed Xu 14.04. Last week, I installed the complete Xfce4 goodies package, hoping that the problem would be solved, but nothing changed. Now, managed to remove all the unwanted Xfce4 software, and cleaned the leftover software using Synaptic, apt-get and Bleachbit, but the problem remained.

Then, thought that the problem was that the Notes is activated in the Session & Startup, as well there is a plugin installed on the taskbar. So, I removed the Session & Startup option completely by renaming the files in my /home/ineuw/.config/autostart/ as well as in the /etc/xdg/autostart/ folders, but kept the taskbar plugin.

The Notes error still exists, as well as the ugly massive vertical dock which I have no idea where it came from, because I purged Cairo and all the leftover software.

Last edited by ineuw (2015-11-24 21:20:11)

Linux Mint Cinnamon 21.3

Board footer