Xfce Forum

Sub domains

You are not logged in.

#1 2013-05-22 19:09:05

bodqhrohro

Is that possible to make application-menu button rectangular?

I want to assing a 36x22 image for this button but it's displayed fitted in a 22x22 square. I remember (but not sure) that it worked properly in 4.6, but I cannot configure it in 4.8, even by editing .gtkrc. How to solve this?

#2 2013-06-16 14:28:14

Psnarf

Re: Is that possible to make application-menu button rectangular?

Mine is rectangular by default, located at the left edge of the top panel. From the context menu (right-click on the applications menu icon), the icon is among the "Application Icons" named "xfce4-panel-menu". I don't know the size, but the only icons with that name are in /usr/share/icons/hicolor/??x??/apps/xfce4-panel-menu.png. It is a square icon, but "Show Title" is checked and the title is "Applications Menu" You may have to add that title to make it rectangular?

#3 2013-06-16 17:10:36

bodqhrohro

No, I don't need a title for button, I want just a rectangular icon. I've already solved this by trimming the icon to square and adding a spacer before the button. It looks well when inactive, but background for the pressed button looks not as fine as if it is rectangular.

#4 2013-06-20 14:42:47

Psnarf

You might edit hicolor/48x48/apps/xfce4-panel-menu.png in gimp to convert the square icon into a rectangle? All of the /usr/share/icons/hicolor are square. The xfce-panel adds the title if Button Title is checked in the Properties context pop-up to make the button appear rectangular.
Right-click the applications-menu button, choose Properties, check "Show button title" then replace the contents of Button Title: with as many spaces as you like. The change is dynamic, so starting with a blank title and a square icon, each space extends the button to the right. If you don't like the mouse icon, choose any icon and do the same. [If you want to center the image within the icon, you'll have to edit plugins/applicationsmenu/applicationsmenu.c in the xfce-panel source package.]

Board footer