Xfce Forum

Sub domains

You are not logged in.

#1 2015-07-02 05:03:02

Georgia boy

[Solved] XFCE Weather Plugin

I'm now using Debian Stretch since Jessie went stable. When Jessie was testing I was able to have the Weather plugin on the panel. But it's not there in Stretch. I did a reinstall of the plugin along with the XFCE goodies. Still don't show up on the panel. Yet the Synaptic Package Manager shows installed.  I've even had done the update, upgrade and dist-upgrade afterwards, rebooted system and still nothing showing on the panel for weather. Is there a conflict between the weather plugin and Debian Stretch?

I tried looking for issues by searching but couldn't come up with anything. Is anyone else having this issue?

Thanks

Georgia boy

#2 2015-07-02 10:32:28

ToZ
Administrator

Re: [Solved] XFCE Weather Plugin

Hello.

Is the plugin running but not displaying?

ps -ef | grep weather

Does Debian have a log file like ~/.xsession-errors? If so, are there any messages there about the weather plugin?

And finally, you can run xfce4-panel in debug mode to see what happens when you add the weather applet to the panel.
First, in a terminal window, quit the xfce4-panel:

xfce4-panel -q

...then start it up in debug mode:

PANEL_DEBUG=1 xfce4-panel

...then add the weather applet. Look at the messages that show up in the terminal window.

More info on debugging panel plugins can be found here.

Please remember to mark your thread [SOLVED] to make it easier for others to find
--- How To Ask For Help | FAQ | Developer Wiki  |  Community | Contribute ---

#3 2015-07-02 15:26:25

Georgia boy

Nothing in the ~/.xsession-errors pertaining to the weather plugin.

Code:

titlickmcgee@Titlick:~$ ps -ef | grep weather
titlick+  1567  1560  0 08:22 pts/0    00:00:00 grep weather
titlickmcgee@Titlick:~$ ps -ef | grep weather

Code:

Don't know if that helps or not. Hope can see something there. I have tried reinstalling the plugin before with terminal to no avail.

Haven't had time to do the debug yet. Seems I need to have GDB installed and don't have that yet. I have a light weight installation and didn't bring in everything and it's brother into this installation. big_smile
Wheezy if full blown but my testing is very light weight.

#4 2015-07-02 16:26:15

ToZ
Administrator

Nothing in the ~/.xsession-errors pertaining to the weather plugin.

Have you manually added the plugin to the panel via the panel's "Add New Items..." dialog?

Please remember to mark your thread [SOLVED] to make it easier for others to find
--- How To Ask For Help | FAQ | Developer Wiki  |  Community | Contribute ---

#5 2015-07-02 20:19:26

Georgia boy

Thanks ToZ.  Found it this time when going into that. Before each time I looked wasn't there. Don't know what's clicked but it finally came in. I had some issues before wen a bunch of stuff had disappeared from the panels and I had wound up reinstalling the launchers and short cuts.
Really like XFCE over the rest so far.
Again, thanks. So far, so good.

Board footer