Xfce Forum

Sub domains

You are not logged in.

#1 2015-08-13 04:45:47

fjdwfiuv

Having trouble with item propagation in window buttons

I recently installed xfce4 on linux mint, after using various iterations of Windows for the past 15 years.  I'm trying to get my desktop environment to look and behave to what I'm accustomed to.  I currently have the panel set up with 2 rows, stretched all across the bottom of the screen.  I had no trouble placing panel items the way I wanted them, but I noticed that in Window Buttons, new items would appear top to bottom, then left to right.  Is there a way to make it so that with 2 (or more) rows of items, new items will fill the top row first, then the next row?

#2 2015-08-13 06:17:16

MountainDewManiac

Re: Having trouble with item propagation in window buttons

I just had a look at Window Buttons' preferences dialog box (in case you weren't aware, you can access it by right-clicking on a panel, selecting Panel Preferences, selecting the relevant panel, left-clicking on the Items tab, highlighting (left-clicking) the applet, and left-clicking the Edit button (which is a square with three dots  beside three dashes), and I didn't notice anything like that. I did see that the user can change the sorting order to "None, allow drag-and-drop," which would allow you to manually move your windows' representations to suit, but that would (I presume) be rather unwieldy for your purpose.

Maybe ToZ or one of the other members who are far more knowledgeable and talented than I am can think of a trick, IDK.

Regards,
MDM

Mountain Dew Maniac

How to Ask for Help <=== Click on this link

#3 2015-08-13 16:08:39

ToZ
Administrator

Unfortunately, I don't see any way to change this behaviour.

Please remember to mark your thread [SOLVED] to make it easier for others to find
--- How To Ask For Help | FAQ | Developer Wiki  |  Community | Contribute ---

#4 2015-08-14 03:31:57

fjdwfiuv

Do you know of any Desktop Environments that behave this way?  I'm moving away from Windows because I feel like they are gradually removing more and more control from the user, but I really like how the windows UI functions.

Board footer