Xfce Forum

Sub domains

You are not logged in.

#1 2015-10-15 11:53:11

sonycdr

XFCE-Power-Manager ignores e.g. VLC playing mode

I am using XFCE-Power-Manager + xscreensaver.

xscreensaver handles the display blanking + display off and respects e.g. when VLC is playing (no display blanking then).
XFCE-Power-Manager doesn't respect that and will dim the display + put the laptop to sleep even if VLC is playing.

In VLC I have set to disable screensaver + prevent auto sleep/standby.

Is this a bug or is it intented to be like that ?

Thanks

#2 2015-10-15 12:34:20

cmcanulty

Re: XFCE-Power-Manager ignores e.g. VLC playing mode

have you tried installing caffeine?It is just to keep screen alive for videos.

#3 2015-10-15 12:48:20

ToZ
Administrator

Try xfce4-power-manager-devel from the AUR. It includes a fix to bug #11083. I don't use vlc, but this patch fixed Presentation Mode for me so that when enabled, there is no longer any screen dimming/blanking or suspend/hibernate actions occurring while presentation mode is enabled.

Please remember to mark your thread [SOLVED] to make it easier for others to find
--- How To Ask For Help | FAQ | Developer Wiki  |  Community | Contribute ---

#4 2015-10-15 13:02:30

sonycdr

ToZ wrote:

Try xfce4-power-manager-devel from the AUR. It includes a fix to bug #11083. I don't use vlc, but this patch fixed Presentation Mode for me so that when enabled, there is no longer any screen dimming/blanking or suspend/hibernate actions occurring while presentation mode is enabled.

Thank you for that, I don't have those struggles with presentation mode (it works fine). Tbh I would prefer staying with the offical repo, but seing that the last update there was nearly half a year ago I might give the AUR devel package a try in a virtualbox to see if it helps yikes

@cmcanulty: presentation mode = caffeine ?

Board footer