Xfce Forum

Sub domains

You are not logged in.

#1 2015-10-31 06:03:02

tuxolero

Thunar crashes after NFS umount and re-mount

Hi,

I'm using XFCE 4.12 on Arch Linux 64bit.
Let's say, my NFS share is mounted at /vdr.

This is what I often do:
XFCE session contains Thunar (in ~), from there I navigate to /vdr and from there, I browse some folders under /vdr. Sometimes I need to reboot the NFS server. In these cases, I use the "previous visited folder <=" arrows to go back to my home, then umount /vdr, reboot the server, mount /vdr, and try to use the "next visited folder =>" to go where I was.

It works up to /vdr. There, I need to refresh the view (using F5). So far, so good. When I try to navigate to the "next visited folder" once more, it crashes.

This is very annoying, because of two reasons:
1. Usually, I have mutliple open Thunar windows at different locations (all except one are not in /vdr or below) and if it crashes, I lose all of them and all previous/next histories and all current locations.
2. I have Thunar as part of my manually saved XFCE session. And when it crashes, it is deleted from the session and after next reboot, I have to restore all of the windows manually.

Any ideas ?

Thanks,
tuxolero

Last edited by tuxolero (2015-10-31 06:23:23)

#2 2015-11-13 07:54:58

debian
Banned

Re: Thunar crashes after NFS umount and re-mount

"Any ideas ?"
As you see nfs, samba etc causes problems. We use ftp in our local network and i have disabled nfs in my custom kernels to speed up boot.

Board footer