Xfce Forum

Sub domains

You are not logged in.

#1 2016-08-12 19:55:02

MoonKid

[xfce4-mount-plugin] not enough error information

I can mount my samba shares (entries in /etc/fstab) wihtout any problems using "mount" on the bash.

The shares are shown with correct state (mounted and unmounted) in the "xfce4-mount-plugin", too. But when I click on a not mounted share I just get the message "Device XYZ couldn't be mounted."

Nothing more. I could I go on to do more diagnosis here?

I am using Siduction Linux which is Debian unstable (nearly fresh from thursday).

#2 2016-08-12 20:17:29

ToZ
Administrator

Re: [xfce4-mount-plugin] not enough error information

Are you using custom commands with the xfce4-mount-plugin or the default ones?
Are you running "mount" as yourself or do you need root privileges? (i.e. are you root or are you using sudo)?
What does your /etc/fstab entry for the samba share look like? (Are the credentials entered in the options field)?

Please remember to mark your thread [SOLVED] to make it easier for others to find
--- How To Ask For Help | FAQ | Developer Wiki  |  Community | Contribute ---

#3 2016-08-13 07:06:58

MoonKid

This is the /etc/fstab line:
//SPARKY/Backup     /mnt/Sparky/Backup     cifs rw,credentials=/home/user/.cred_sparky_backup,noauto,user 0 0

I can mount that as a normal user without(!) sudo "mount /mnt/Sparky/Backup" when I do this myself on the bash.

I tried the default and the custom commands (mount and umount) in the plugin-settings. The same result.

#4 2016-08-13 12:06:07

ToZ
Administrator

I just fired up siduction in a vm to have a look. It uses version 0.6.7 of the plugin. There was a commit post-0.6.7 that fixed the issue you are having. The change was basically changing the default mount command from a device-based mount (mount %d) to a mount-point-based mount (mount %m). You don't need to install the new version, just check the option for Custom Commands and use these instead:
- mount = mount %m
- umount = umount %m

Please remember to mark your thread [SOLVED] to make it easier for others to find
--- How To Ask For Help | FAQ | Developer Wiki  |  Community | Contribute ---

#5 2016-08-13 12:42:32

MoonKid

This works. Thanks!

btw: The "placeholders" %d and %m are nowhere described in that gui. This is a bug. wink

Board footer