Xfce Forum

Sub domains

You are not logged in.

#1 2019-07-25 08:43:22

slowjogg

[SOLVED] No search box focus when opening whisker menu by Super key

Hi folks,

maybe it's not an XFCE- but a Linux Mint-issue but I thought it might be appropriate to start here...

After a fresh installation of Linux Mint 19.1 (XFCE flavour) I noticed that - no matter if other apps are running or not - the search box wihtin the whisker menu doesn't get the focus if I start the menu via Super-/Windows-key. And even worse: if I start the whisker menu by Windows-key the search box doesn't react to clicks (means: after opening the menu via /SuperWindows key the search box cannot be uses at all)!

If I start the menu by mouse click on the menu icon the search box does get the focus!? Not a big issue of course but pretty annoying as I enjoy starting apps via entering one or two letters of their name instead of clicking through the menu tree.

I've already searched the w3, whisker menu properties and keyboard settings for the xfce4-popup-whiskermenu command (assigned to Super L[eft]) but cannot find an option or so to address this.

Any hint is highly appreciated!

Best regards,
slowjogg

Last edited by slowjogg (2019-07-25 09:43:01)

#2 2019-07-25 09:45:15

slowjogg

Re: [SOLVED] No search box focus when opening whisker menu by Super key

...finally found the reason:

The issue was caused by having changed the window manager to metacity. After switching back to the default one everything's fine again.

Best regards,
Carsten

Board footer