Xfce Forum

Sub domains

You are not logged in.

#1 2020-06-07 20:27:16

MountainDewManiac

Auto-Hiding Panel Gets "Stuck" When I Use the Places Applet

All of my panels are set to auto-hide ("always"). I have placed the Places panel applet on my top panel. When I move my mouse cursor to the top of the screen, the panel appears. I move it to the Places applet, left-click on it to bring up the list of choices to open Thunar at, left-click on one of them...

And Thunar correctly runs and opens that directory - but the panel is left there on the display, every time. While not a show-stopper for me (it goes away when I move my mouse cursor back up to the panel and then away again), it is pretty annoying.

How would I go about diagnosing/fixing this issue? I am running Mint 19.3, Xfce 4.14. Fair warning: Just telling me what to do won't be sufficient; you'll have to explain how to do it. But I do know how to run the terminal, to copy & paste commands, and to copy the results and post them within CODE-tagged boxes.

Regards,
MDM

Mountain Dew Maniac

How to Ask for Help <=== Click on this link

#2 2020-06-07 21:04:51

ToZ
Administrator

Re: Auto-Hiding Panel Gets "Stuck" When I Use the Places Applet

I just had a look and am seeing the same - this is most likely a bug. Are you okay with creating an issue report on gitlab? This is probably the best way to get it fixed.

Please remember to mark your thread [SOLVED] to make it easier for others to find
--- How To Ask For Help | FAQ | Developer Wiki  |  Community | Contribute ---

#3 2020-06-07 23:21:10

MountainDewManiac

Yes, assuming that the process of doing so is idiot-proof. I will do so tomorrow (shutting the computer down as soon as I finish this post). At least I now know for sure that the issue is not somehow related to me using a small-capacity USB flash drive for my laptop's only storage device. I don't suppose you know how to properly set up an SSD (and are willing to walk someone through the process using small words, lol)?

Is there anything in particular I should include with the bug report? Right-clicking on the applet does not show an "About" option, nor does its Properties window - but I suppose I can find its version number by searching for it under the Installed tab of Synaptic Package Manager. I already know that my distro is Mint 19.3, and that the version of Xfce is 4.14. But that is about all that I know.

(As always) Thank you,
MDM

Mountain Dew Maniac

How to Ask for Help <=== Click on this link

#4 2020-06-07 23:25:23

ToZ
Administrator

You original post explains it well and it is reproducible. Jus include that along with the version of the plugin you are using.

Please remember to mark your thread [SOLVED] to make it easier for others to find
--- How To Ask For Help | FAQ | Developer Wiki  |  Community | Contribute ---

Board footer