Xfce Forum

Sub domains

You are not logged in.

#1 2023-08-14 21:13:43

shahgols

Stop lock out screen

Hi all, I've googled this and didn't find an answer.  I installed a minimal installation of the latest XFCE from the Debian repository, and the lock screen comes on every 10 or so minutes.  I want it gone, but haven't found any answer anywhere.  In Power Manager, I have unchecked the "Lock screen when system is going to sleep", I have run "ps aux | grep screen" and found nothing, I have looked for xfce4-screensaver-preferences and found no such command.  Can you plz guide me on what to do to stop the lock screen from coming up?  Thank you!

#2 2023-08-15 00:03:13

mint4all

Re: Stop lock out screen

Greetings, and welcome to this forum!

Simply go to Menu > Settings Manager app > Screensaver section > Lock Screen tab > slide "Enable Lock Screen" switch to the "off" position. Logout and back in, better yet, reboot. That makes sure your change sticks. Agreed, this is not easy to figure out, but it should work.

Cheers, m4a

Linux Mint 21.2 -- xfce 4.18 ... Apple iMAC -- Dell & HP Desktops and Laptops -- Family & Community Support

#3 2023-08-15 14:52:36

shahgols

Re: Stop lock out screen

Thank you mint4all. By luck I found out that  light-locker was installed/running.  Removed it and problem has been solved.

Board footer