#1 2023-08-29 22:32:31

johnywhy

Ristretto: trashing on system internal mounts is not supported

On arch.

Trying to delete an image inside Ristretto. Getting

trashing on system internal mounts is not supported

The files are inside

/usr/share/backgrounds/xfce/

The reason i'm attempting to use that folder is because when i tried to point desktop wallpaper to a personal folder in Home, it didn't work, and xfce kept redirecting desktop to it's own backgrounds folder (the dir above).

Any fix?

Thx!

Last edited by johnywhy (2023-08-29 22:37:21)

arch xfce x86_64

#2 2023-08-30 00:11:09

ToZ
Administrator

Re: Ristretto: trashing on system internal mounts is not supported

johnywhy wrote:

The files are inside

/usr/share/backgrounds/xfce/

At the end of that error message, I believe it says "permission denied". You don't have permission to delete those file as your user account - need root privileges.

The reason i'm attempting to use that folder is because when i tried to point desktop wallpaper to a personal folder in Home, it didn't work, and xfce kept redirecting desktop to it's own backgrounds folder (the dir above).

In the desktop settings, you need to select a folder then when you return to the dialog, you will see the background images populate. Then you select the background image.

Please remember to mark your thread [SOLVED] to make it easier for others to find
--- How To Ask For Help | FAQ | Developer Wiki  |  Community | Contribute ---

#3 2023-08-30 00:47:26

johnywhy

Re: Ristretto: trashing on system internal mounts is not supported

ToZ wrote:

In the desktop settings, you need to select a folder then when you return to the dialog, you will see the background images populate. Then you select the background image.

Ok. I didn't select any particular image, because i chose random display, which means not one specific image, but to rotate between all images.

So, intuitively, it seems that selecting the folder should be sufficient.

I'll your suggestion when i get back to my linux machine.

Thx!

arch xfce x86_64

Board footer