Xfce Forum

Sub domains

You are not logged in.

#1 2024-01-01 22:32:59

ziko55kiko

can't resume from suspend mode

hello guys,

i just installed mint xfce 21.2 few days ago ago and start discovering the features and new apps, and appreciating the lightness.
during this period, i noticed that i can not start my computer from suspended. first, when i suspend the computer from the shut down menu then wake it up, the desktop starts (i hear the hard drive spinning and desktop light turns on) but not the rest (monitor, mouse, keyboard...) and i'm just stuck at my shutted down screen, so i need to restart from the power button and do all my work again.
second, when i leave the computer alone a long period it goes to the screen where i need to log in my password, i type it (that screen is very smooth) then i get a black screen with the mouse that i can freely move (but to where ?). this time i was looking at the forums for a solution, i did alt+ctrl+backspace and it got me back to the login screen where i could type my password again, and this time it got me back to the desktop after a small time of black screen (3s apprx) but, i lost all my work again. it was like it rebooted.

i looked around and posted a topic on mint forums but it couldn't be solved. they suggested me to come here see if it's not an os issue instead of a specific one for me.

can anyone help ? thx

#2 2024-01-04 00:20:16

JayGursky

Re: can't resume from suspend mode

I think Linux systems might require some additional steps to make Power management/Suspend and hibernate work. Some info:
https://wiki.archlinux.org/title/Power_ … _hibernate

Board footer