Xfce Forum

Sub domains

You are not logged in.

#1 2024-05-08 06:13:55

kay-z

Bug with workspace switching, and focus

Hello,
I have setup my XFCE, inspired by tiling wm, making ample use of work spaces.
I am experiencing a bug while switching work-spaces where the app loses focus.
Consider the following scenario:
I have terminal open on workspace 1 and full screened (not maximized) browser on workspace 2
When I switch from workspace 2,with focus on browser to workspace 1, and then go back to workspace 2, the browser loses focus (the panel or the previously focused app is focused).

Few additional details-
-The browser won't lose focus if the the switched to workspace also has a maximized app
-If i have another instance of the browser opened (in the same workspace), Then the browser doesn't lose focus.(no focus shifting to previously focused application).

-This is most prominent in browsers and vs-codium (happens always), but sometimes it happens for other applications too(but this is rare enough to not be a annoyance)

-This happens for firefox , chromium and brave. so switching browsers is not an option.

-This behavior is most annoying on web browsers as I frequently use them in full screen mode so a browser only solution works too.

Any help troubleshooting this issue is most welcomed.

Cheers.

#2 2024-05-08 09:34:59

ToZ
Administrator

Re: Bug with workspace switching, and focus

Have a look at these two existing bug reports to see if they are relevant to what you are seeing:

1. https://gitlab.xfce.org/xfce/xfwm4/-/issues/697

2. https://gitlab.xfce.org/xfce/xfwm4/-/issues/252

Please remember to mark your thread [SOLVED] to make it easier for others to find
--- How To Ask For Help | FAQ | Developer Wiki  |  Community | Contribute ---

#3 2024-05-08 12:10:46

kay-z

Re: Bug with workspace switching, and focus

Thanks for the reply.
That's exactly my issue,
I guess that answers my question

Board footer