You are not logged in.

#1 2016-03-08 22:08:33

infinite

nm-applet and others (application indicators) = change icon

Hi ,

I use the icon theme "fs"  : 1457473298.png

from : http://www.noobslab.com/2013/04/fs-icon … linux.html

I want to change the application indicators icons  : 1457473726.png

Which are (from left to right) : power , network , sound .

How replace them by the icons from the icon theme : " elementary Xfce Dark "  ? :  1457474818.png

#2 2016-03-09 02:50:53

ToZ
Administrator

Re: nm-applet and others (application indicators) = change icon

Here are some basic directions for creating an override icon theme (modified for your request):

1. Create a directory for your new theme

mkdir -p ~/.icons/my-icon-theme
  2. Copy over the elementary-xfce-dark icons (that will be used to override the fs-icons):

cp -rv /usr/share/icons/elementary-xfce-dark/* ~/.icons/my-icon-theme
  3. Edit the copied-over "index.theme" file in your new theme's directory and change the second to fourth lines to read:

Name=My Icon Theme
    Comment=My customized icon theme
    Inherits=fs-icons-ubuntu-light

Basically, we are creating a new theme that will inherit the theme whose icons you want to change. Here you would add the icons (and the appropriate directory configurations in the index.theme file) that you want to override. To make things easier for you, we are going to copy over the whole contents of the elementary-xfce-dark icon theme because it contains mostly just panel icons.

4. Update the icon cache:

gtk-update-icon-cache -f ~/.icons/my-icon-theme
  5. Change the theme away and back to "My Icon Theme"

-----
Now you can go through the directories in your new icon theme and remove the icons that you don't want to be over-ridden and/or add new icons. If you create new directories, make sure you update the index.theme file to suit. Also update the icon cache for changes to take effect.

-----
Note: If you find that some of the icons are really large with the fs-icon theme, its because it hasn't been updated for the newer GTK3 versions yet. You can fix it by running:

sed -i "s|MinSize=|MinSize=8\n#MinSize=|g" ~/.icons/my-icon-theme/index.theme

...and restarting the panel:

xfce4-panel -r

...or logging out and back in again.

Please remember to mark your thread [SOLVED] to make it easier for others to find
--- How To Ask For Help | FAQ | Developer Wiki  |  Community | Contribute ---

Board footer