Sub domains

You are not logged in.

#1 2016-03-15 19:14:12

cyrille

problem with notification area

Under Ubuntu 14.04, update OK

Hi
    I've lost my noticification icon of claws mail in the notification area
    (the claw mail module notification is so well added, but do nothing)
    It 's alway run fine since but since few days the claw mail icon does not appear

http://cbiot.fr/img/icone-claws-mails.png

(the icon envelope is this of xchat, but before I've got 2 envelopes (xchat and claws mail)

I've have purge the application list of the area zone, but don't work. No problem with the icon of the theme

Any ideas ? No results in the french ubuntu forum.

Thx

#2 2016-03-15 20:48:45

ToZ
Administrator

Re: problem with notification area

Hello and welcome.

First, you need to confirm that the notification plugin in Claws is installed and that the Systray plugin is enabled. I believe it is in the Preferences section under Plugins > Notifications that the systray icon can be enabled/disabled.

Secondly, there is a "red dashed circle" icon on your panel that is indicative of an icon not found. Can you confirm which application this icon this is for and if in fact it is the claws icon?

And thirdly, I believe the icon appears in the notification area. Make sure that the Xfce Notification Area plugin is added to your panel.

Baring that, you can run claws in debug mode which should generate some more information about what is loaded when it is started. To do so, run claws from a terminal window like this:

claws-mail --debug

...and it will spew out a whole bunch of debug information.

Please remember to mark your thread [SOLVED] to make it easier for others to find
--- How To Ask For Help | FAQ | Developer Wiki  |  Community | Contribute ---

#3 2016-03-16 06:32:38

cyrille

Re: problem with notification area

Hi and thx for your answer
So, claws mail notification module is well actived
Second, the "red dashed circle" is the bugged icon of the lastest version of dropbox

Third --> well !

I haved a indicator zone actived and not a notification area (I have never take care of the real difference of theses 2 add-on, I should do).... So I've re-active the notification area and since it runs fine. Great thx !

Despite, I don't know really what is the difference between the indicator plugin / notification plugin morever these 2 zones contain same icons ! But it's not really important, I'll hide some indicator icons ...

Thx Cyrille

Board footer