Xfce Forum

Sub domains

You are not logged in.

#1 2016-05-27 18:46:54

mabra

How to remove the ugly scrollbar ?

Hi !

I read a lot of therads about this theme and I am assuming, this is all the same:
The slider on the scrollbar (usually on the right side of a window), does not have small icons on top and bottom
and - the more annoying thing - it behaves completeley different. I thought I can ignore this. But today, I sat on
a wireshark window wich a really huge amount of tracelines. This slider makes work practically completely
impossible. From behavior, this is really the most kinky control I ever saw.

From other threads, I found nothing, what could be changed - this might have the reason, that I cannot
identify my environment :-(

I am running Debian Jessie (8.4, en), with XFCE4 from testing (4.12). What I see in the settings is, that
there is:

settings manager/appearance/style, value:xfce-4.0
window manager/style, sub-title theme, value: synthetic.

I need this combination - each other combo would ether dont have a colored window title
or no window border at all.

I search for some css files, but found none. There seems to be QT, GTK etc. I dont know.
Thats, because many tools pull dependencies from whatever.

Would be happy, someone could help.

Thanks,
Manfred

#2 2016-05-28 00:06:11

ToZ
Administrator

Re: How to remove the ugly scrollbar ?

settings manager/appearance/style, value:xfce-4.0
window manager/style, sub-title theme, value: synthetic.

I need this combination - each other combo would ether dont have a colored window title
or no window border at all.

I thought that the xfce-4.0 theme did display steppers (or at least it does on my system). Try changing the appearance/style only to see if you can find a theme that does display the steppers.

It looks like the Synthetic window manager theme inherits gtk colours, meaning the colour of the title bar will change when you change the gtk theme, but that can be changed if you find an appearance theme with steppers.

Please remember to mark your thread [SOLVED] to make it easier for others to find
--- How To Ask For Help | FAQ | Developer Wiki  |  Community | Contribute ---

#3 2016-05-28 06:59:25

mabra

Re: How to remove the ugly scrollbar ?

I thought that the xfce-4.0 theme did display steppers (or at least it does on my system). Try changing the appearance/style only to see if you can find a theme that does display the steppers.

It looks like the Synthetic window manager theme inherits gtk colours, meaning the colour of the title bar will change when you change the gtk theme, but that can be changed if you find an appearance theme with steppers.

Ok, thanks - now using "Raleigh/Today" - "Raleigh" was the only one, which enabled the steppers.
But much uglier now - for example, a marked column in Synaptic is now more to call black, instead of hinted/marked ...
But the funktionaly is there.

Best reagrds,
Manfred

Board footer